May 26, 2006

Axe Murderers???


Lizzie Borden took an ax
And gave her mother forty whacks;
When she saw what she had done
She gave her father forty-one!

How many of you have spouses or family members who continually warn you against the axe-murdering people on the internet? C’mon now! Us internet junkies may be weird... we may talk funny... we may have abnormal hobbies, but most of us are NOT axe murderers! I say “most” because just like in the real world (which is no more perfect than the internet world) there are murderers, child molesters, and others who are just plain PITAs. Why did I choose to write on this topic? You see, I belong to several online stitching groups. Yes, stitching groups – groups where mostly women gather to discuss cross stitch topics... women with needle and thread. The spouse of one fellow stitcher is convinced that an internet axe murderer is going to show up on their doorstep. I guess it could be construed as a particularly deadly situation if you spilled something –anything– on a stitched project. An angry stitcher with pointy needle in one hand and little sharp scissors in the other could become a deadly situation indeed! So for all the spouses out there who are worried that one of us (with axe in hand) may show up in your bedroom while you’re sleeping... take a chill pill. Chances are that you’re more likely to get hit by a bus. The closest thing you're going to come to an axe murderer is this:

Tales of the Axe by Ross Psuty












Or this:


However, if I still haven't convinced you it's safe, you might want to educate yourself on How To Spot An Axe Murderer: Click HERE.

P.S. The woman in the photo is Alicia Christy. You can read more about her by clicking on her name. Also, thank you to Nancy & Susie for sparking my interest in axe murdering.

1 comments:

Nancy in IL said...

OMG, Meari!!! I laughed till I PIMP! I can't wait to show my DH how famous he is in stitching circles! Yes, I'm the one with the paranoid husband who thinks an axe murderer is going to show up on our doorstep cuz I'm so chummy with my stitching friends. ROFLMAO!!!