May 31, 2006

Ever have one of those days?


Like walking out of the house with papers and a card in hand. The envelope for the card goes flying in the wind, landing on top of the tiger lily foliage which is wet from the extreme rainfall from the night before. While at work, you’re working so hard that you get thirsty. You take a drink of water. Oops... down the wrong tube. It’s all you can do to push your chair back and try to cover your mouth to avoid spitting water ALL over everything. Too late! Good thing there’s a plastic chair pad on the floor. Water everywhere: big puddle on the floor (Who pee’d on the floor?!), wet slacks, wet blazer, part of the desk wet (Was it raining in here, too?). Used 5 napkins to clean it up. I knew all those napkins would come in handy one day, courtesy of McDonalds. Go to prepare the card for mailing. Where’s the card?! I’m guessing it went flying in the wind this morning, too (only I didn’t see it). So it’s probably laying in my yard somewhere. Then I try to make a balance transfer since the rates are SO cheap and it’s for the life of the loan. Having the letter that I received in the mail is not enough. Oh no. Have to have the card in front of me. Oh, you’ll hold while I GO and get it? Gee thanks, but it’s at home and I’m not! Can I call back later when I have the card? I guess I’ll have to, won’t I? Click. To top it all off, I got a visit from Aunt Flo. Where's the Midol? I feel major nausea and cramping coming on. (Is that TMI?) Could explain my irritability with the woman who wouldn't give me money over the telephone. What will really make my day is if I get to class tonight and find out I failed the exam. (LOL, that won’t happen... but it’d make for a good ending.)

For all of you who are having a bad day, remember this: It’s only ONE day. Tomorrow’s a new day and it WILL be better.

I’m still holding onto the mantra I made this morning when the alarm went off: “Today’s gonna be a good day. Today’s gonna be a good day.”

Update: Woo Hoo!! Happy Dancin' here!! I got an A -- Yes, an A -- on my test!! Had I not screwed up some dates and transposed a couple of composers whose names are similar, I would've gotten 100%. What a great ending to *this* day!!

0 comments: