Jun 8, 2006

A Question of Fours...


Four Jobs I Have Had in My Life:
1
– Public Accounting... Counting beans for more than one client at the same time. No co-mingling of beans, now. Most of my clients love me. There are a few who for some odd reason think *they* are my only client and expect me to drop everything. “You want what, when? Yesterday?” I may bend over backwards, but I’m not that flexible!
2 – Land Title Bookkeeper... what can I say? I became a bean counter during the hey day of home refinance in the early 90’s.
3 – Hotel Guest Services Rep/Auditor... Need to get checked in at the wee hours of the night, I’m your gal. Need someone to complain to because the party next door is too loud, I’m your gal. Need someone to close out the cash and balance the books for the night, I'm your gal. I received Employee of the Quarter for managing the entire hotel when the fire alarms went off and my “security guard” high-tailed it out of the building because he thought there was a fire. It was HIS job to figure out where the alarm was set off and *if* there was a fire, while I managed the phone calls from sleepy-eyed guests. And to think he still had a job after that!
4 – Fast Food Counter Girl... “Would you like fries with that?” Imagine being on the receiving end of: “If I wanted G*d-D*mn, F*cking fries with that, I would’ve ordered them” In those days, microphones not headsets were used, and anyone in the restaurant could hear what was said. Never saw my manager come running out of her office so fast!

Four Movies I Could Watch Over and Over Again:
1 – Officer and a Gentleman
2 – Pretty Woman
3 – Gone with the Wind
4 – Titanic

Four Places I Have Lived:
1 – Illinois
2 – Ummm... Illinois
3 – Let’s see... Illinois
4 – And oh yes... Illinois!

Four TV Shows I Watch:
1 – Today Show
2 – Grey’s Anatomy
3 – The Apprentice
4 – Friends

Four Places I Have Been on Vacation:
1 – Disney World in Orlando, FL
2 – New Mexico
3 – Caribbean
4 – Alabama

Four Websites I Visit Daily:
1
– Yahoo Mail
2 – Yahoo Groups
3 – Yahoo News
4 – MSN

Four of My Favorite Foods:
1
– Sushi
2 – Seafood
3 – Pasta
4 – Rice

Four Places I'd Rather Be:
1
– At home (vs. at work)
2 – Vacation in Europe
3 – Shopping at a huge photography store
4 – Taking a walk through the woods

0 comments: