Jul 17, 2006

Jalapeno Chicken Wraps


I made these after I managed to get the LP tank changed on my grill. They were pretty tasty!


JALAPENO CHICKEN WRAPS

Zesty strips of chicken and bits of onion sit in jalapeño halves that are wrapped in bacon and grilled. Serve them with blue cheese or ranch salad dressing for dipping.

1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. onion powder
1 tbsp. pepper
2 tsp. seasoned salt
1 tsp. paprika
1 small onion, cut into strips
15 jalapeño peppers, halved and seeded
1 lb. sliced bacon, halved widthwise
Blue cheese or ranch salad dressing

Cut chicken into 2 x 1/2-inch strips. In a large re-sealable plastic bag, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, seasoned salt and paprika; add chicken and shake to coat. Place a chicken and onion strip in each jalapeño half. Wrap each with a piece of bacon and secure with toothpicks. Grill, uncovered, over indirect medium heat for 18 to 20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and bacon is crisp, turning once. Serve with blue cheese or ranch dressing. Makes: 2 1/2 dozen.


My Notes:
1) When cutting or seeding hot peppers, be sure to cut out all the white stuff in the pepper and rinse well. It's the white pulp that makes peppers hot. Avoid touching your face until after you've washed your hands well.

2) I didn't have seasoning salt, so I just used 1/2 tsp. of regular salt instead.

3) I didn't have enough toothpicks, so I broke toothpicks in half and used each half to hold each end of the bacon in place. It worked just fine.

0 comments: