Oct 12, 2006

SBQ - Winter Hands


This SBQ is quite appropriate since it snowed last night. As I write this, I'm being blessed right now with snow, ice pellets and blustery winds! Only flurries they said... only flurries. Uh huh.


As we all know, stitching in the winter can really be rough on the hands. What do you do to treat your hands well in the cold winter months? Do you have any suggestions for creams or soaps? Or perhaps a special regimen that you would like to share?

I never really notice rough hands when I use cotton floss. I do notice when I use silk fibers, though! When stitching with silk, I use Udderly Smooth Udder Cream. Udder cream is a water-based moisturizer that is greaseless and stainless. It’s a light, pleasantly scented hand cream that will keep stitchers' hands soft, smooth and supple for handling all types of fibers. Several LNS and ONS carry it, as well as many drugstores such as Walgreens and CVS.




Udderly Smooth (for US)

Not Just For Cows (for UK)

2 comments:

stitcherw said...

I like the Udderly Smooth cream as well, especially in the winter. Rough hands do make it much worse when working with silks (it keeps snagging). Here in MI we've been getting the snow also off and on all morning. Sometimes light, sometimes close to a blizzard with the blowing. My two dogs are loving it, strange animals.
Sue

Anonymous said...

You already have snow? Yikes!