Oct 12, 2006

Touched


The alarm goes off. Three snoozes later, I finally crawl out of bed. Brrrr, it's cold. I'm such a creature of habit. After my usual trip to the bathroom, I manage to work my way down the stairs without tumbling to the bottom. After all, I AM still half asleep. I put the leash on Celeste... who, by the way, is WAY too happy to see me this early in the day! I open the door and what do I see? My car and the ground is covered in snow!! Wait a minute... the forecasters said “possible light flurries”. Old man winter has touched the Midwest with more than just light flurries! No wonder it was so cold when I got out of bed. Celeste, of course, is oblivious to the snow on the ground – she LOVES snow! I am not ready... not ready yet for this snow... for the cold. I don’t even have the electric blanket on my bed yet! The good news is: It’s supposed to warm up by the weekend. 51 degrees is warm? LOL, I guess it’s better than 20 below.

Had I known it was going to snow, snow I would’ve put my car in the garage last night. Since I didn’t, I have to brush the snow off and scrape the ice off the windows. *grumble* *grumble*

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that you have to deal with snow. That's why I moved from NW Indiana to Texas in 1997. Now I just have to deal with hurricane season every year. LOL
Barb in TX