Nov 19, 2006

Neck Update


My sister is such a dear. When I told her what had happened, she said: "Why didn't you call me?" I just LOL'd and asked her what she thought she'd do for me at 6am. (Moral support?) Besides, I wasn't bleeding and nothing was broken and I didn't think she'd appreciate a phone call at 6am. But it's the thought that counts, right?

Yesterday, my visit to the chiropracter proved to be very painful!! He tried to do an adjustment but it was so painful that he had me do ice and electro-therapy first. Do you think my foot flinging up into the air when he tried to do an adjustment had something to do with his wanting the therapy first? We tried it a second time and it was so painful it brought tears to my eyes! Breathing heavy, tears rolling out of my eyes, it was all I could do to keep from outright sobbing.

I managed to do something to the muscles in my neck. The combination of the two falls has caused the muscles to spasm so much that they are "gripping" my neck and upper back vertebrae and not allowing them to move. I can't tip my head to the right, and yesterday I couldn't turn to the right very far. I go back to the chiro again on Monday afternoon. Meantime, I am to put ice on it, alternated with hot shower focused on my neck. I did that twice yesterday.

The chiropracter told me to take it easy over the weekend. What?! I had a ton of things I wanted to get done: ebay packages need to be mailed, shopping for Freedom framing materials, house cleaning, notes for class need to be typed up, and have to go into work.

I did go shopping, but my neck was killing me by the time I got home. The rest of the day was shot as far as doing anything.

Today, I can turn a bit better but still can't tip my head to the right. I have to go into work for a few hours, so I hope that goes OK.

4 comments:

CindyMae said...

I am so sorry that you having such a hard time and in such pain with your neck. I truly hope that it starts to heal soon. I know you have a ton of things to do, but you really need to try and take it as easy as possible!!!!! I am thinking about you!!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Wow, you have had it rough. Sounds like you need a place with no stairs. Take it easy and give it all time to heal. CJ

stitcherw said...

I'm so sorry that you're having all that pain. Hopefully they'll get you feeling better soon. This time of year there just seems to be so much to get done.
Sue

Anonymous said...

Ouch!! I hope you feeling a bit better now. Do be careful so that you don't injury your neck anymore. (((Hugs))) hon.