May 29, 2007

Tick, Tick, Ticking


A few weeks ago, I took a soak in my tub. Afterwards, I came downstairs to relax before it was time for bed. As I descended the staircase I heard a ticking sound off to my right. Puzzled, I thought to myself: "What's ticking in the kitchen?" So I head towards the kitchen to investigate. Tick...Tick...Tick No wait! That's not ticking... It's dripping! Dripping water from the ceiling! Right above is the tub, which apparently sprung a leak at the drain connection. Immediately I called the landlords to let them know. Within a day or so, they had a plumber come to look at/fix the problem. Here's what I came home to one day after work:



Obviously, I was laying on the floor when I took the pic. I'm calling it the Big Black Hole. Talk about scaring the crap out of me when I first saw it!

The entire pipe from the drain to the main drainage pipe had to be replaced. The only way they could get to it was through the kitchen ceiling. The landlord told me that whoever put the original pipe in had it draining UP HILL! That would explain why it took forever for water to drain from the tub. Now... 30 seconds flat, the entire tub is drained. I'm a happy camper, except for the BBH.

4 comments:

glenda said...

Hope it doesn't take too long for them to get the ceiling fixed lol.
You certainly have lots of adventures, girl!!

Unknown said...

wow scary, glad they fixed it though, now they just have to cover the BBH. :)

Anonymous said...

Did the landlord give you an idea of how long it will be before the ceiling is repaired? Sure hope you don't have that huge hole for very long.
Barb in TX

Anonymous said...

The BBH is some way to fix a leaking pipe!! Hopefully when it has been repaired you won't be able to tell....