Oct 30, 2007

Life...

Last night when I got home from work, I changed the oil in my car. I really miss having a man to do the "guy" things. My ex-H used to do all that stuff. I've impressed the neighbors to the north with my ability to change oil. Not sure what to make of them yet (They seem to yell a lot at each other, or the kids).

I received the phone call from the anesthesia dept last night, too. One of the things she asked was how much I weighed. I stepped on the scale to find somewhere along the way I've lost 15lbs! An interesting bit of trivia... at least to me... It turns out I went to the same high school as the nurse who was taking down my medical history. I graduated with her brother. Two more days until surgery.

I was in a fairly decent mood yesterday. I finally got rid of the migraine/tension headache that I've had since last Wed night. I still am not sleeping very well, nor do I feel much like eating. Today, I am feeling depressed again.

This morning, I text messaged S and told him I deserved to know whether he wanted to be a couple or not. If not, I needed closure to move on. His response: "I don't know yet." It's been 6 days since we've talked. Is it me, or does this seem like game playing? We are both in our late 30's... Too old for this kind of behavior.

I care about him, but this is not how I feel problems should be dealt with.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will keep you in my thoughts lady. Good for you changing your own oil. Tell that man to s*** or get off the pot. Take care of yourself!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope your surgery goes well with no complications. rest and take it easy,
Hugs Bernice from bgeroulis@multiply.com

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a very good day Meari I hope things get better all the way around.

Anita said...

I think you are right to demand to know where things are going. Sounds like S~ is being very immature about things right now (not good for a relationship in your 30s). Hopefully he will get his head out of the clouds, and figure out what he has before he pushes you right out the door.

Sherry said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers. When you feel up to it, please let us know how the surgery went.

Chiloe said...

Hope everything will be fine for the surgery !!! You're right for S: you are old enough to talk about it in person ... but some person never grow ;-) He should be there to support you through the surgery!!!


((((hugs))))

Nancy M said...

I think people overuse the whole texting thing, when they don't want confrontation. I know my daughter does it all the time with me! I hope your surgery goes well and you heal nicely. I have to admit, I have heard some horror stories too from tonsils being removed, but everyone is different. Let's hope you are the "different" one. You don't need the stress of your relationship before the surgery.... HUGS

_ said...

He sure seems to be acting pretty childish. (((Hugs))) Wishing you all the best with your surgery.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Keeping you in my prayers hon!

Dawn T. said...

Good luck with your surgury! I have to agree S is acting quite childish. I hope you get some kind of answer soon:) ((HUGS))

Nic said...

I hope the surgery goes well - I'm sure it will, it used to be pretty routine at one time, until better/cheaper drugs came along!

As for S - if he says "doesn't know" my personal opinion would be that he does, he wants out, but he doesn't want a confrontation. It's not natural to discuss big decisions like this by text! In your shoes, I'd just get on with my life in my nice new home, and not look back!

Marita said...

Wishing you luck with the surgery and hope the relationship problems smooth out.