Jan 26, 2009

Marvelous Monday Update 1/26/09

Absolutely Fabulous
Or at least Rene thinks so! She gave me the great honor of this award. Thanks, Rene!

I am supposed to list 5 of my addictions and name 5 bloggers who I think are "Fabby". So here are my 5 addictions, and not necessarily in this order:

1. Quest for Learning
2. Photography
3. Stitching
4. Enjoying Nature
5. Technology

My nominations are:
CJ
Chiloe
Danielle
Erynne
Kendra


Stitchy Stuff
It was a great stitchy mail week! I was the high bidder on a lot of Red Thread Snappers charts by Bent Creek. I tried to be good... but I couldn't pass them up at less than $2 a piece including shipping.

Ocean Voyage
Road Trip
Snowman
Picnic
Connected
Thankful


Sadie from Scotland RAK'd me. She sent me the June issue of the UK magazine, Cross Stitcher. She knows I like asian/oriental designs and thought I'd like this. Isn't it great?!


And then... Virpi in Finland RAK'd me! Look at the pretty envelope it came in:


In the envelope were two Dimensions kits. :)

In Harmony

Stallions At Dusk

A big THANK YOU to Sadie and Virpi! :)

Lastly, Isabella's Garden arrived! I mentioned her in last week's Marvelous Monday post.



Giveaway!
(LOL) No, this is not a stitchy giveaway. I know some of you are trying to get in shape, as am I. I recently got Jeff Costa's Workout #1 DVD and it has the Sexy Abs workout on it, in addition to the main workout. Soooo.. I'm offering my Sexy Abs -VHS- tape up for grabs. Here's the exerpt from his website:

"Sexy Abs gets you off the floor and in control, with a revolutionary 15 minute standing abdominal program that can be done anywhere! Buckle up for a tighter, flatter, sexier midsection with Jeff's signature abdominal workout!"

I'll add that I read reviews on Jeff Costa's workouts and they all were very good. I've used this tape many times and believe it or not, I worked up a sweat in the 15 minute time span. I have neck problems which make it difficult for my to do normal floor ab workouts. Another reason why I like this workout. Oh, and in case you're wondering... There are no striptease moves on this tape. LOL!

If you're interested in this, leave a comment along with an email address to get hold of you. If more than one person is interested I'll draw a name.

25 comments:

Terri said...

Great Stashing. And wonderful Rak's

Sadie said...

Oh look at all the pretty stash! Love the Bent Creek charts. Can't beat that ebay high! I'm with your dad on the guacamole.
Happy stitching.

Kathy said...

Nice mail. And some relly nice RAKs. That Isabella's Garden fabric is gorgeous. I can't wait to see your progress on this one.

Debra said...

Wow you got a good deal on those patterns and really nice gifts.
I would love to have the video.
Debra in Indiana

Rene la Frog said...

Great stash...that should keep you busy for a while.

Stitcher said...

Wishing you a Happy Birthday .

Kendra said...

Thanks for the blog award! It probably won't be until sometime later this week, but I'll pass it along.

:-)

~~~Melinda said...

I have never heard of Red Thread Snappers...something else this area doesn't have...what would we do if we did not have the internet?

I'm glad you had a good birthday.

Please include me in the drawing for the video. I have been riding my exercise bike this month and stopped drinking sodas daily..my pants are not as snug :) but I refuse to get on the scales LOL riding the bike is getting sorta boring--can't figure how to cross stitch on there ROFL

Donna said...

Love the stitching and the RAK's.

Stitcher said...

Happy Birthday Meari!! You know, I was supposed to born on Jan 25 but my mother apparently fell down on the ice and went into labour shortly thereafter causing me to be born on Jan 2nd. I would've preferred the 25th, lol, but oh well.
Wow, score on the Snappers! What a bargoon!
Thank you so much for the award! I will pass it on this week!!!

xoxo

Unknown said...

Fabulous raks Meari!

Merriwether said...

I love the In Harmony pattern - what a beautiful gift!

craftypatty2 said...

great RAKs and that stash shopping was a great deal
HUGS
Patty

Nancy M said...

Looks like a great mail week for you! Glad you had a good birthday and your Dad actually tried something new at his age. Mine would NEVER do that!

htimcj said...

What great goodies!
Heidi-ILCS

Puppy Love said...

OMGoodness, that wolf pattern is soooo awesome!!

Carolyn NC said...

Love the new stash and RAK's. I think Isabella's Garden is one of the sweetest patterns!

Courtney Short said...

OH PLEASE include me in the giveaway.. I need to get back exercising.. and that sounds like fun too.. I don't like floor ab exercises either.

Anonymous said...

All of your RAKs are wonderful. And you did great on your bids won!! I would love to get the workout tape. I too have major neck problems and I have no abs, lol!! s.tompkins76@yahoo.com

Chiloe said...

Thanks for the award !!! Am I fabulous ? lol

Include me if you want for the drawing (think about the cost first, ok? ) So there is abs exercise that REALLY? works without doing floor crunches? We should talk more often girl ;-) I did 100 crunches today (are you proud of me? lol) on the floor with the machine that control the movement (how is it called: the abs machine? don't remember )

SO how are your abs right now?

Thanks again for the tip on Leslie Sansome dvd's: I had to buy a new one but I like her workout. My knees, so far , like her too.

CMKathie said...

OMG I would love, love, love that video! I looked for one and couldn't find one. Kathie

Kristin said...

What fabulous stitchy goodies!

Akila said...

Hello Meari, found your blog through Chiloe's blog. I love your Tips for a better 2009, and of course your blog too. I think I am going to re-use the same in my blog too :), which is http://mostly-xstitch-and-somemore.blogspot.com/

stitcherw said...

Wow, lots of lovely goodies. You had an awesome week. My DSIL is working on the BC Red Thread series and it looks wonderful.
Sue

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new stash.