Apr 22, 2011

Gloomy Friday

What's a girl to do on Gloomy Good Friday?

*This* girl woke up with a sinus headache and congestion. Fun. Fun.

Looked out the window and what did I spy? Rain. More rain. *sigh*

After some meds, the headache became a dull roar and I decided to be productive. The area under the kitchen sink has been bothering me for a quite a while.


How much crap stuff.... What exactly was under there??? Well let's see....


Regular Flashlight - needed new batteries. I broke the flashlight when trying to change batteries. (Good goin, girl)

6-Volt Flashlight - actually works!

Cuttlebone

2 Bags of Bird Food

1 Container of Bird Food

Millet Sprays

2 Nectar Sugar Concentrate Packets - for hummingbirds

Dog Food

2 Fire Extinguishers - one was empty! Why was I keeping it???

Baby Shampoo

Dog Shampoo

Softscrub

Ceiling Fan Cleaner - Didn't even know I had this. Maybe I should try using it on my ceiling fans. What a novel idea!

Easy Off Oven Cleaner

Dish Soap

Cleaning Erasers

Mr Clean

PineSol

Lysol Disinfecting Spray

Resolve Spot Carpet Cleaner - not just one, but TWO!

Cascade Dishwasher Packets

Barkeepers Friend

Spray Bottle of Purple RIT dye - from last year's fabric dye-ing adventure

Miracle Grow Fertilizer

Renuzit Air Freshener

and lastly.... a HUGE container of matches.

How OLD are these??

I haven't worked at the Holiday Inn for 25 years, and it went out of business at least 10+ years ago. Do these matches even work?

Yep!
I guess I'll keep them.


With a little PineSol fumigation and re-allocation of items, and I ended up with a more spacious sink cabinet:


After a job well done, some lunch was in order. Some stir fry sounded good...


I just threw together a bunch of veggies I had in the fridge that needed to be used up. Not bad for a "throw together".

Finally.... Some stitching. Started the second mailart piece.

9 comments:

Donna said...

Well, at least under the kitchen sink is clean!

Anonymous said...

Your kitchen sink looks way better than mine. I don't know if I care to see what I would find under there. Your lunch looks delicious. Happy Easter!

Melody said...

You are brave to photograph under your sink... :) I don't know that I'll be doing that, but am thinking it's time to clean it out.

Gabi said...

Fantastic job on the kitchen sink cabinet. The bad news it, that's a place which will magically get messy again. No clue how that happens but that's the curse of the kitchen cabinet

SoCal Debbie said...

Oh I loved your blogging today! I cleaned my bathroom but didn't think to take before and after pics. You are too funny!

EvalinaMaria said...

You made me laugh, Meari. I hope you're feeling much better now and enjoying some stitching time!

Anonymous said...

Me too Meari,
I organized mine a couple years ago, and it's still OK...
Knock on wood.....

Karen

Shelley said...

It's amazing how much crap, I mean stuff, us ladies can cram into such a small space, lol!

Your stirfry looks yummy :)

Katrien said...

really entertaining blog entry :)