- Post the rules.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
- Come up with 11 new questions.
- Tag 11 people and link them to your post.
- Let them know you tagged them so they can answer the questions.
So here are Shelley's questions:
1. If you were stranded on an island with one other person, who would you choose...Oprah Winfrey or Ellen DeGeneres? Ms. O
2. Which fabric do you prefer to stitch on...Aida or Evenweave? Evenweave
3. What is your favorite genre of movie and why? Romantic Comedies. I’m a romantic at heart and I like happy endings.
4. Who is your favorite cross stitch designer? I have so many! Joan Elliott asian designs, Lizzie Kate, Lorrie Birmingham elegant designs, Plum Pudding Needlearts
5. What kind of flooring do you like in your home...shag carpet, hard wood or stone? Hardwood
6. What kind of illumination do you use when stitching? I have a generic daylight floor lamp that I got at Shopko for $20. It sits behind my sofa and shines over my shoulders.
7. What is the farthest you have traveled from home? Caribbean
8. What is your favorite brand of specialty thread? Glorianna
9. How many languages do you speak? (Note: Klingon is a language!) One… English. I know some words in Spanish and Japanese, but not enough to be able to talk to anyone, lol.
10. Do you stitch in hand or with the aide of a hoop, qsnap, stand, etc? In Hand, Qsnaps, Lapstand, and Scroll Rods
11. Do you believe in ghosts? No.
And here are Eva's questions:
1. Where is your favorite place to stitch? I usually stitch on my sofa.
2. What is your favorite shop (brick and mortar or on-line) to purchase your supplies? 123stitch, Needle in a Haystack
3. What is your favorite specialty stitch? I’m not a fan of specialty stitches!
4. Which specialty stitch do you least enjoy? Of the ones I’ve done, I’d have to say Queen Stitch
5. French knot, colonial knot or Mill Hill knot? I don’t mind French Knots. They’re quicker than digging out beads and sewing them on.
6. How much stitching time to do get per day or week or month? Probably 5-10 hours a week.
7. Do you keep a stitching journal and if so, what do you include? Currently, I keep a pictorial journal with details of the project along with a photo. I have an online album and an actual photo album.
8. Besides counted cross stitch, what other forms of needlework do you do? I know how to crochet and knit, but haven’t done them in a long time.
9. When did you start stitching? and why? I was in my mid-teens. I saw some motifs in my mom’s magazine (Family Circle or Ladies Home Journal) so I untangled some thread she had in her sewing basket to create a birth sampler for myself.
10. Do you rotate your stitching projects or are you a 'one-at-a time' stitcher? I rotate projects.
11. How many UFOs, and WIPs do you have? I have 5 projects going right now.
Now, for my questions:
1. Do you have a SABLE (stash acquisition beyond life expectancy) situation?
2. What is the most favorite vacation you’ve been on?
3. Have you ever entered your stitching in a competition?
4. Cat or Dog?
5. Have you taught anyone how to stitch?
6. What is/are your favorite TV show(s)?
7. What is your favorite stitching tool?
8. What brands of floss have you used?
9. Are you adventurous when it comes to trying new foods?
10. Do you like kits or do you like kitting up your own?
11. If you could do anything for a day, what would it be?
Here are the people I tagged:
Kay of Kay’s Corner
Akila of Mostly Cross Stitch and More
Carol of Stitching Dreams
Chris of Tot Hill Farm Stitches
Julie of I’ll Cross That Leg
Valerie of Fog City Dweller
Chris of Fugue
Lesli of Fabulous Frogger
Vickie of Reading and Stitching
Anne of Doll’s Musings
Cathy of Crafty Cat