Mar 4, 2019

A Finish and a Close One


NIGHT LIGHTS QUILT I used a decorative stitch to add the binding and quilted the borders perpendicular.

  
I started this quilt before I enrolled in the Beginner's Class.  Before the class, I was self-taught using books and YouTube.  I finished this quilt on my own. 


Who knew quilts were supposed to have labels?  Not me!  I made one with my sewing machine.  It's not an embroidery machine but does have alphabet and decorative stitches.



It's not perfect, but it's so cheerful and makes me smile.


BEGINNER QUILT CLASS
Since the weather has been so crappy dangerous, quilt class was cancelled two weeks in a row, then it was Valentine's Day so no class.  Week three class was on February 21st.  In week three, we learned how to square up our blocks, sew the blocks into rows, and then sew the rows together.  This is what I got done in class:


I finished my "homework" and added borders.  I made my quilt a lot larger than the 30x30" quilt the rest of the class is doing.  I wanted to be able to use my quilt as a blanket not wall hanging.


After I added borders, I realized one of the squares is not like the others.  Can you find it?


 
Our next class is this Thursday.  Since my quilt is a lot larger than everyone else's, I spoke to the instructor to get permission to do the quilt sandwich and start the quilting at home before class.

Until next time...

6 comments:

*-* said...


Great clours in your Night Lights Quilt along with the one you have started to quilt before clas. Great work.
Kay.

Katie said...

I just love it even with the "mistake". I think it just makes it yours. Beautiful colors.

Deb said...

Night lights is gorgeous! Well done!

Grandma Luvs2DP said...

Beautiful!! You did a terrific job!!

Pam in IL said...

Beautiful quilts! You did a great job, Meari! Isn't it fun playing with the alphabet on the sewing machine.

Carol said...

So pretty, Meari! Even with the one different block :) I really love the colors in the quilt you did on your own and your label looks great, too!