Aug 4, 2008

Something For The Woman Inside Us

I've carried this in my date planner for years. I've always thought it was a good representation of how I live my life, and wanted to share it with all the other "good women" out there...


A good woman is proud. She respects herself and others. She is aware of who she is. She neither seeks definition from the person she is with, nor does she expect them to read her mind. She is quite capable of articulating her needs.

A good woman is hopeful. She is strong enough to make all her dreams come true. She knows love, therefore she gives love. She recognizes that her love has great value and must be reciprocated. If her love is taken for granted, “it soon disappears”.

A good woman has a dash of inspiration and a dabble of endurance. She knows that she will at times have to inspire others to reach the potential within them. A good woman knows her past, understands her present, and forces toward the future. A good woman does not live in fear of the future because of her past. She understands instead that her life experiences are merely lessons meant to bring her closer to self-knowledge and unconditional self-love. ~Author Unknown

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, Meari, this is quite lovely. I can see certain phrases of it in a greeting card or beter yet stitched up as a gift for a friend. I love the last line in particular. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this one - I saved it for future reference when my girls are older (they are currently 4 1/2 and 11 months.) Another one I like is "Success" by Ralph Waldo Emerson

too_busy_to_stitch said...

Thank you for sharing that Meari - boy does some of it 'ring true'!

Anonymous said...

Meari, I really loved this. I believe most women are stronger than they think. This seems to be a good representation of that belief.

Jenna said...

Wow, very profound. Thank you for the deep thoughts. Now if only I felt like I lived up to them!