Sep 22, 2006

10/25/50 Project Challenge

I’m taking a deep breath and jumping right in! Oh what have I done? I just committed myself to the 10/25/50 Project Challenge. Actually, I committed myself to the 10 project challenge, since my projects are BAPs with little ones in between. Heaven knows I need to go on a stash diet, and I have plenty of To-Do’s in my stash.

Purpose of the Challenge: to reduce the amount of patterns not stitched, and stash not used.

The Rules:
1. Have fun reducing my stash.

2. There is no time limit.

3. Thou shall not purchase any new patterns until 10 projects have been stitched. Pattern size does not matter.

4. Exemptions. Remember, the goal of this challenge is to reduce stash so too many exemptions will sabotage these efforts.

My exemptions are:
Gifts, gift cards, trades, RAKs.
Floss and Fabric (i.e supplies) for projects stitched during challenge do not count.

5. The official start date of this challenge was Sept 1, 2006.

Ready! On your mark! Get set! Go!

UPDATE: I finished the Project Challenge on Feb 7, 2007!! All my projects can be seen HERE.

9 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Hi Meari! I'm looking forward to being "forced" to behave myself. I'm not taking any exemptions. ;>

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is a GREAT idea! I am such a sucker for new patterns but I always have so many waiting to be stitched. I might just join this as well.

Angharad said...

Such a great idea!! I have signed up to the 10 project challenge like you.

Anonymous said...

I'll join you too, Meari! Only I'm going to use my UFO's since I have about 50 of them

Anonymous said...

No way would I reduce my stash! No way, no how! I am just getting it built up good. You have a stronger resolve than me!

Kendra said...

Yup, I've joined the 10-project version of this as well! I think it will help with my obsessive stash collecting...LOL!
We'll have to help each other stay on task, huh? No more enabling... :-)

Anonymous said...

I do not know how many ufo's I have but I will be glad to join the challenge with the exceptions of exchanges, trades, and gifts.
Hugs:)
LeAne

Barb said...

Good luck on the challenge. The 10 one is more practical, but I already committed to the 50. Right now I'm gun ho, so we'll see. Good luck and have fun stitching the projects!

Anne S said...

Welcome aboard the Challenge Cruise Ship ... I wish you happy sailing and calm waters ;) Look forward to your progress :D