Sep 8, 2006

Meeting with Heads of State


I’d like to say that this situation with my current neighbors has been stressing me out. More than I realized... This past week, I’ve been waking up in the middle of the night... thinking about the neighbors and their shenanigans.

After the latest incident when she blew grass all over my car and then had the nerve to yell at me in the front yard about it... when she clearly was in the wrong, I called and arranged a meeting with the landlords. For 45 minutes, I detailed out ALL of the neighbor’s behavior. I told them about the flower labeling, the grass on the concrete, the selective mowing, the 5ft tall weeds. I also informed them of some other things they did not know. Apparently Donna told them her daughter had only been staying there for the past week. Ahem… look at the date of when she moved in. The landlords also did not know that there were 2 dogs and 2 cats next door. Vicki hates cats. Well, maybe not "hate" but she has bad allergies like me. The lease the neighbor signed said "one dog". Oopps... caught in yet another lie. I also told them that the one dog barks and barks and barks, which it does. It's not a soft bark either, it's loud. All I have do is walk through my place sometimes and the dog goes off barking! It's ridiculous. After I got done with my side of the story, Vicki did comment that she knew there was more to the story then what Donna was letting on.

I also found out another interesting tidbit of information: It seems when Donna talked to Vicki, she asked if she could put a lock on the gate to the backyard to keep ME out. LOL Would you like to hear the reason why she wanted to lock me out? Sure, you do!! She told the landlady that she had a nice swing in the backyard and she didn't know if one day she'd come home to find a baseball bat taken to it. LOL! Hmmm... Anyone who knows me would roll their eyes and die laughing. It tells me what kind of world she comes from if people are taking baseball bats to personal property. Sorry, I don't live in *that* world.

At one point Vicki mentioned breaking the lease with Donna. I don't see that happening since winter is approaching and it's difficult finding renters in winter. I asked the landlords if they had any other properties with a house and garage on it. I wanted to put the idea in their head that I was possibly thinking about moving. Which do you think they'd want to keep? Someone who's lived there for 5 years and paid rent consisently every single month -or- Someone who's been there not even a year and is causing problems and lying about it. The landlords are going to have a "chat" with Donna and get a few issues resolved. As I left the landlord's home, Vicki said "Sounds like she needs Prozac" or something... LOL

6 comments:

. said...

Oh dear!!!!!!!! I'm glad you finally did something and I hope the landlords take you seriously.....I can't wait for the next installment. I've got a bat if you'd like to borrow it *giggle*

Anonymous said...

Good for you for having the chat and at least you gave them something to think about regarding you possibly wanting to move because of the situation. And what a childish thing to want to do...put a lock on a gate to keep a grown woman from a "really nice swing". What exactly makes a swing "really nice" anyways??? LOL

Anonymous said...

Ah, so you really did go tell "Mom"! ;) I'm so glad that you did, though. Now she knows your side of the story and has a better picture of what is going on. Your neighbor sounds like a real psycho. I'm sorry you're in this situation.

Kendra said...

I'm sure it wasn't easy, but it was good that you talked to your landlord about your whack-job of a neighbor. At least she now knows what you've been having to deal with and maybe things will get better for you!

Anonymous said...

I hope your landlady moves out this nutcase soon so you'll finally have some peace of mind.

Carol said...

Good luck with this situation. It indeed sounds stressful!