Aug 11, 2008

Marvelous Monday Update 8/11/08

School
It's hard to believe that school is starting in 9 days. Where did the summer go? I'll be starting a Principles of Management class with the same instructor I had for B-Law. It should be "interesting".


Fitness Routine
I started using a new cardio and ab workout last Tuesday. Jeff Costa's Sexy Abs video is only 15 minutes long. The first two times I used it, I could definitely feel it. What I *love* about this workout is it's a standing ab workout, rather than lying on the floor. I only got part way through the cardio routine... and my legs were a bit sore. I did the cardio workout 3 days and the ab workout 4 days. I'm wondering how long before I see results on my abs? LOL


Olympic Games
I thought the opening ceremony was absolutely stunning! China did a great job showing off their history and creativity in what I thought was phenomenal entertainment. Who was gripping the seat of their pants when Michael Phelps won his first gold? I know I was!!


Stitchy Stuff
As I was browsing my Yahoo groups, I realized that *my* projects are being featured on THREE groups:

Stitching Sisters
Chatty Stitching Exchangers
Cross Stitch Forever

How COOL is that?!! Three groups, three different projects, all at the same time. :)

I started a new project last week called "Believe". It's a "Take Alongs" kit by The Trilogy given to me by Mercy. After 7.25 hours, this is what it looks like:

It's about 1/2 done. I'm trying to figure out how to "finish" it. I screwed up the stocking. The stripes are supposed to be the opposite of what they are. Can't tell, can you?

14 comments:

Pike said...

That is SOOOOOOOOOOOO cool - but you stitching looks GREAT so it's no wonder it's displayed all over.

Finland alreday has two medals; of course, we as a nation won't get so many as Phelps will as an individual, but ... we only have 5 million people! And we are this waiting for Tero to succeed!!!

Nessa G. said...

No I wouldn't ever have known the stocking was mixed up!

And I might just have to check out that abs workout. It kills my back to do ab work...maybe getting up off the floor will help. I'm going to scamper off to Netflix to see if they have it.

Anonymous said...

Bellieve looks so cute, and no, can't tell the stripes were supposed to be the opposite :-).

craftypatty2 said...

WTG Meari you do such wonderful stitching you deserve to be the feature on your groups.
I am thinking of painting my kitchen cupboards as well, but will cheat and use my hubby's paint gun for the cupboard doors.
Happy Stitching
Patty Smith
ILCS

Vicky L said...

The opening ceremony was awesome. I missed when Phelps won the 1st gold but I saw last night when US beat France. I yelled out a small yah! I didnt want to be too loud cause it was so late and didnt want to wake up my dad.

Carolyn NC said...

We were screaming when US won the free-style relay over France. Didn't think it was possible until the end - a true nail-biter. Your Believe is cute - would never know it was switched. Doesn't really matter, still cute. Good luck with the kitchen!

Anonymous said...

I like your Believe and nope, would never have guessed the stocking colors were switched. Wow, it doesn't seem very long ago you were posting about school and now it's time for you to go back already. Good luck and I'm sure you'll do fine. I'm not an olympic watcher, so can't comment on that. Just glad you're enjoying them.
Barb in TX

Barb said...

Since Phelps is now living in MI and on staff at U of M I think, he's been all over the news. I am enjoying the Olympics too, the Opening Ceremonies were awesome, I don't think any host country will top it in the future. Great that your work has been featured in so many places. You deserve it. Your Believe piece is cute.

Betty said...

Congratulations on being featured so widely on the web, Meari! You have a lot of amazing works to be proud of!

Nancy M said...

Ok, all those groups have WAY too many posts already for the month, my question is, how do you keep up??? It's fun you are on the group page for each. Cute Believe!

Beth said...

Being from Michael Phelps' home state, I'm recording all the swimming so I don't miss anything...then I can FF through all the other stuff. I have to say, though, that I was holding tighter to my seat on that 4x100 Free Relay! That was a nail-biter!

Congrats on being featured on three different groups! I always sit in awe of your myriad of finishing techniques.

Hugs & stitches,
Beth

Debra said...

Meari, believe is looking great. Congrats on being front page on 3 different groups.
Debra in Indiana

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the display honors. That is so awesome. And I love the progress on Believe. I can't tell the difference. it looks great. How big will it be when finished? A flat fold maybe? LOL

Lisa said...

very cute design, nope can't tell! :-) Cardio striptease...LOLOL, love that!