Mar 4, 2019

RIP Deborah


It's with a sad heart that I writing about a stitching friend, Deborah Markham, who passed away on February 22nd.  You may have known her from Yahoo stitching groups, her blog (Here), or from Facebook.  She was a friend to many, a wonderful hostess, a fighter, and created beautiful cross stitch.  I had the pleasure of meeting her and her husband Max (RIP) on several occasions:  With Wanda, With Nancy, and a few visits on my own to both her home and when she lived at Sarah Harding.  Deborah's obituaries can been seen HERE and HERE.  RIP, my friend.  You will be missed by many.

Until next time...

11 comments:

jhm said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. That's always a hard thing. Hang in there.

Donna P. said...

I had heard that she had been ill - I'm so sorry to hear she has passed. She will be missed by so many of us.

Katie said...

So sorry for the loss of your friend.

Deb said...

Sorry about losing your friend.

Grandma Luvs2DP said...

OMG She was such a sweetheart!R.I.P sweet lady. I remember when she lost Max the love of her life and her doggie. So sad thank you for letting us know.

butterfly said...

So sorry , always so sad losing a friend she looked a very nice person.

Anonymous said...

Meari, always wondered how Deborah was doing and I am sorry to hear that she has passed away.

Your quilts look very nice.

Marl

Robin in Virginia said...

Meari, I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your friend. I know that you have wonderful memories of your time together. May they bring you comfort during the coming days.

Carol said...

That is so sad, Meari--and she was only 68, just four years older than me. In reading about her life, she sounds like someone I would have enjoyed getting to know. I'm sure you'll think of her fondly...

Tanza Erlambang said...

Sorry to hear about your friend.
have a great day

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, Meari.

You're a brave woman starting to quilt. My sister has been trying to entice me into the quilting world, but I have seen her stash and my stitching stash is bad enough without adding more 😉 Love your quilt, and I'm with you - quilts are lovely to use

Lynne