Aug 18, 2020

Suffrage Act

 One Hundred years ago today, Congress ratified the Suffrage Act.  The 19th amendment granted women the right to vote in the United States.  Here's a good article on the suffrage movement:  Women's Suffrage - Fight For The Vote.

To commemorate, the hard won victory, I've completed stitching Suffrage Act.


Designer: Little House Needleworks
Started: January 17, 2020.
Finished August 18, 2020
Fabric: 28ct Silkweaver Lugana "Days Gone By"
Fibers:GAST, DMC, and Classic Colorworks threads

This was fun to stitch up.  I changed quite a few of the colors to suit my taste.

Ladies - Exercise your right and vote!

7 comments:

Sweetland Stitching said...

I keep seeing this piece around - I love the fabric you chose! I'm very tempted to stitch this up and change the flag and date for Canada...🇨🇦✊🏼

connie said...

That is pretty Meari and I ALWAYS vote..

Robin in Virginia said...

Well done on your Suffrage piece! Love the colors you used!

Katie said...

Beautiful finish!! Perfect time to finish it. I just registered to vote today. First time I will have ever voted.

butterfly said...

You got my vote , lovely stitching.

Faith... said...

It turned out really great. I can't wait to exercise my right to vote this year!!

Anonymous said...


Hello Meari,
I came across your blog today when I was googling for directions for lamp base repair! You did a great job with your Needlework lamp. Seeing your method and excellent directions, maybe I will tackle this repair myself.

It was amazing to look over your blog posts and pics over the YEARS. Your production is impressive. I have dabbled in cross stitch, quilting, smocking, mask making, so all this was very enjoyable to see.

Your Suffrage piece is beautiful.

I hope you are safe, happy, healthy, stitching and crafting as much as you want to be.
All the best,
Carol in SW Ohio