Mar 15, 2007

CSE Spring Exchange


I made this "Hello Spring" scissor fob for Eva in the Netherlands as part of the Spring Exchange on CSE. The Lizzie Kate design was stitched on 14ct sky blue aida with DMC varigated threads. The cording was handmade with DMC floss. The cording drill I got at a consignment shop last summer comes in really handy! I took the stitched piece to JoAnn Fabrics to choose a coordinating fabric for the back. The clerk thought the piece was "really cute!" On the back of the fob, I made a little pocket to store needle threaders. It took me about 4 hours to stitch the front and another hour or so to make it into a fob with the cording. I actually finished the project on 3/2/07 but didn't want to show it until after Eva received it along with the other items I chose for the exchange.

Here's what I received from Eva:

A dutch pattern book, a pink ornament frame, a pink purse, a piece of 28ct evenweave, "Smile" chart by Sam Sarah, and a nice card. Thank you, Eva.

16 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Oh so pretty! I just love the blues in this piece! Great job and I know she loves it!

stitcherw said...

I LOVE it! It is blue (favorite color), flowers (for spring I'm so tired of winter), and the pocket for the threaders is a great idea (never seen that before). What a great finish.
Sue

glenda said...

I just love the scissor fobs that are being created. Yours is absolutely lovely. The blue is very pretty and the special touches you add make the fob so personalized. Congrats on the finish, and the fab exchange gift. I know eva loves it, who wouldn't?

Anonymous said...

Great idea to put the pocket on! Turned out very nice :)

Chelle said...

That's so cute! Love the bright blue finishing fabric. Very nice!

Cheryl said...

Great finish! Its lovely

. said...

That is SO cute with the pocket in the back, I never would have thought of that! Good job.

Sharon said...

Lovely fob Meari, especially cute with the little pocket on the back.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful - just love the colours you've chosen! Viv in the UK xx

Anonymous said...

Meari, this came out soooo cute! I just love the fabric and the brightness of the colors, varigated, eh? Makes me change my mind about not liking varigated threads, I just love the way this looks!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty fob, I'm ready for Spring too :-)

Love your blog. I'm adding it to my blogroll.

Kim said...

What an adorable finish! Great finshing! Cute idea!

~Kim~

Barb said...

That is pretty. I'm sure Eva will love it.

Anonymous said...

I love your spring fob. Blue is my favorite color, so this is just the best. What a neat idea to add the pocket on the back for needle threaders. Never have seen that done before. You are just soooooo creative. Great job, Meari!!!
Barb in TX

Carol said...

What a cute fob!

Anonymous said...

Cute fob Meari - I really like how you put a pocket on the back to hold a needle threader - what a great idea, it is a perfect place to hold a needle threader.