Jul 6, 2009

Marvelous Monday Update 7/6/09

To those in the US, I hope you all had a safe and fun 4th of July!

On Friday night, JT and I found a spot to watch fireworks at a local bank that was giving away FREE ice cream bars. Who could resist that? Unfortunately, he's allergic to chocolate so he couldn't have one. Being the sweet person I am, I bought him a pineapple sundae from the DQ next door. The DQ employees were PO'd that the bank next door was giving away free ice cream, LOL. They started passing out coupons "Buy a blizzard, get one for 99c". But the ice cream at the bank is FREE!

In the Saturday rain, we headed to my parents' home where a cookout was being held. Everyone brought a dish to pass, and Dad was the grill cook. (Good job, Dad!) I made pasta salad and watermelon wedges.

The pasta salad was a big hit... there was barely a large spoonful left!

Later that evening, JT and I went to the fireworks show in another village since the rain subsided late afternoon. One of the fireworks displays was a smiley face. Would've been really cool if the face was right-side up. LOL


STITCHY STUFF
I got a lot of stitching in this past week, and my "secret" exchange project is almost done being stitched. I bought fabric and other embellishments in order to make it into the "finished" item. No pics yet, sorry!

I rescued this custom framed (by Michaels), stitched piece from the local Salavation Army store for 99c! There's no signature or date on it, unfortunately. Does anyone know what the piece is called, or who the designer is?



GARDENING
The planters and hanging baskets have really filled out, so I decided to take some creative photos of my flowers:



YUM-YUMS
Earlier in the week, I made grilled chicken and vegetable kebobs. I marinaded the chicken in lemon pepper, and the kebobs were brushed with caesar dressing before and during cooking. JT and I both love grilled kebobs. Yummy!

Uncooked

Grilled to Perfection!

21 comments:

cowgirlfromhanna said...

The food all looks delicious Meari! My mouth is watering like Pavlov's dog looking at those kabobs! Your flowers are really blooming pretty too! I just love this time of year and all the flowers glory!

That stitched piece sure has the look and feel of a Jeremiah Junction...Great find!

Carolyn NC said...

Well, I'm definitely hungry! Food looks delicious. I don't know the designer - haven't seen it around. Pics of flowers are beautiful!

Nancy M said...

Our Saturday was cloudy but no rain. I'm making up for it today by trying to get some sun....no work today! Your food looks yummy. Love kabobs too and hardly ever think to make them! Looks like you made enough for more than 2, are we getting an invite? The stitched piece looks like a BH&G piece, you know, from the old magazine??

Nancy M said...

Oh, and allergic to chocolate??? Means you can have what he can't have!!!!

Rene la Frog said...

The flower pics are lovely and you are making me hungry with the yummy looking food.

5 Foot Runt said...

Had a great 4th and by the sounds of it so did you.

Sadie said...

Very yummy looking food Meari! Can't wait to see what you have been stitching. Your flowers are so pretty, I really must make some time to try and get my garden in order. We are back down into the low 70's here now, much more comfortable!
Have a great week x

Donna said...

You have had quite the weekend, haven't you? Glad you had so much fun. Love the flowers and the food made me hungry!

Siobhán said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful 4th of July weekend! I love all the pics. Good for you for rescuing that stitching, too!

craftypatty2 said...

food looks very yummy!
I agree with Nancy I think it is from one of the older BH&G magazines, should have mine out of storage soon if I do before you find out I will have a look.
HUGS
Patty

Emily in NC said...

Glad you had a good 4th weekend. Your garden is looking great, and that food is making me hungry, good thing hubby is making supper.

Kristin said...

The food looks amazing! And, it sounds like a great time with the fireworks. Poor JT, being allergic to chocolate would suck.

Unknown said...

Fabulous piccys Meari, thank you for sharing and glad you had a good weekend!

Ranae said...

pretty flowers, yummy food and lookie at that ring. I am so far behind in commenting, Sorry!

Shelley - ILCS said...

Your food pics always make me hungry, lol!! Those kebobs look to-die-for.

Rachel S-H said...

Everything looks yummy. your 4th sounds fantastic.

Barb said...

The flowers are beautiful. I love your two stitched pieces.

Debra said...

The food looks great. Good to hear that your Dad is doing well enough to cook for everyone. The stitched piece is a freebie I do believe, but I am not sure who the designer is. I am sure I have it in my freebies.

Melody said...

Hi. I am sure your mystery designer is Lynn Watters Busa. Years ago, I used to be one of her model stitchers, so I've stitched up several of her designs.

Mel said...

Your flowers are sooo pretty!
Ours have been dying because believe it or not it's been almost cold enough here for frost! Crazy! :)

Joy said...

The food looks delicious!! Your flowers are gorgeous...wish I had a green thumb! The designer is Lynn Waters Busa...I have the pattern booklet somewhere in my stash.