May 20, 2024

Marvelous Monday Update 5/20/2023

Guess what?!  There's a new sheriff... I mean stitch shop in town!  Not my town, mind you, but a town nonetheless.  If you're ever in Roscoe, Illinois you'll find Bee Youtiful Sip & Stitchery.  They had their grand opening on May 11th.  There was food, drinks, and lots of laughing going on.  In addition to stitching supplies, they sell teas... lots of teas. Brett said her grandmother used to drink tea while stitching so it was only natural to include tea in her shop.


I didn't leave empty handed. Oh no.


My goodies were placed in a zippered project bag with the shop's key tag attached to the zipper.  It was a fun experience and I even unexpectedly met up with not one, not two, but three stitchers from our Stateline Stitchers group.

FINISH
I participated in a Patriotic Ornament Exchange.  Technically, it's not due to be mailed until next month but I finished mine early so I sent it off.  It's been received so I can show it now.

Let Freedom Ring
Stitched on 14ct Charles Craft Fiddlers Lite Aida
with DMC floss
Embellished with gold seed beads and JABC Patriotic Bird

I tried my hand at coffee-dying the mini pom-pom trim, ribbon, and backing fabric.  I was very pleased at how everything coordinated.




That's all I've got for now.
 
Until next time...


 

1 comments:

Marilyn said...

Congrats on having anew shop.
Cute Patriotic piece.
The tea dyeing is great!
Marilyn