Jan 18, 2006

Car Troubles - The Sequel... and Other Updates


Happy Hump Day! The week is all downhill from here, right? LOL, I wish I believed that one.

Monday I get in my car to go to work and it wouldn’t start. Key got stuck in the ignition, again! This happened two weeks ago. I walked to work – wasn’t so bad but my face and ears were pretty cold by the time I got there! A coworker gave me a ride home and delivered my client work. After work my brother came over and tested the battery and alternator. Turns out the battery was bad. I just bought that battery 3 months ago! We took the battery back. I gave him the receipt and he walked in like he owned the place and told them the way it was. LOL! He works as a service manager at a farm implement place so he knows how to handle those situations, plus he’s a man! (As much as I hate knowing it… men don’t get the run-around like women do) After some cussing he got the battery back into the car (it’s not the easiest to remove and replace). My car is back in running condition. Yay!

Work has been hectic all month! I cannot wait until I see Feb 1st! I’ve been so tired and I feel like I’m plodding along, trying not to let the stress get to me.

I start a new class at the college next week. On Mon nights, I’ll be taking American Literature II. Apparently, we’ll be reading 6 novels:

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Spoon River Anthology by Edgar Lee Masters
The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
Johnny Got His Gun by Dalton Trumbo
The Color Purple by Alice Walker
Edith Warton by Ethan Frome

I was supposed to go to my Get Fit screening last Sat – I ended up working and forgot to go. I talked to the person in charge and I can still participate in the program, but my weight, BMI, and cholesterol readings at the end won’t count for anything. I’m on a team and we get points for water and veggie/fruit consumption, as well as exercise. Changes in weight, BMI and cholesterol are taken into account at the end. So for the next 12 weeks, I’m supposed to do “healthy” things… Not that I eat all that unhealthy to begin with… but 5 fruits/veggies a day and exercise are hard to fit in sometimes!

1 comments:

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Meari in all the caos take a minute for you to sit and stitch, it will do wonders to revive your spirit.
CJ