½ c. butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
¾ c. dry bread crumbs
½ c. grated Parmesan cheese
1 ½ c. shredded Cheddar cheese
¼ tsp. dried parsley
¼ tsp. dried oregano
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
1/8 tsp. salt
8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, pounded thin
Preheat oven to 350F. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat and cook garlic until tender, about 5 minutes. In shallow dish, mix bread crumbs, cheeses, and seasonings. Dip each chicken breast in garlic butter to coat, then press into bread crumb mixture. Arrange chicken breasts in 9x13” baking dish. Drizzle with any remaining butter and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture. Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
• I used margarine and minced garlic from a jar.
• I also used Italian seasoned bread crumbs.
• I only had ¼ c. Parmesan cheese so I used what I had.
• I also only baked 3 chicken breasts, but didn’t adjust the recipe. I forgot to pound them thin and they turned out just fine.
• The bread crumb mixture won’t stick to the chicken very well after dipping in butter so you’ll have to hold it on there until you put it in the baking dish.
• Since I only cooked 3 breasts, there was a lot of butter and bread crumb mix left over. I drizzled all the butter over the chicken and sprinkled with the bread crumbs. The bread crumbs will soak it all up.
• At the end of the baking time, I turned on the broiler for about 5 minutes (my baking dish was about 10” below the broiler) to give the chicken a nice golden color. The result is very moist chicken breasts with a tasty, crispy crust.