Aug 17, 2006

Is this Freedom??


Ever have one of those projects where you think to yourself... WILL I EVER GET THROUGH WITH THIS COLOR?? I cannot... repeat cannot... stand dark drab colors such as browns and blacks. Freedom has a LOT of browns, blacks, grays, and let's not forget the *blended* browns, blacks, and grays! I faintly see a light at the end of the tunnel, though. Thank goodness!! Freedom is being stitched as part of the Soldier Memorial Project dedicated to fallen soldiers in the Afghanistan and Iraq Wars. The soldier I am stitching this memorial for is Brandon Ramey, a 22yr old from Belvidere, Illinois. So far, I have 111 hours into this project and if I do say so myself... It's turning out fabulous!


If you're interested in learning more about the Soldier Memorial Project, check out the following links:

MSN Group

Yahoo Group

Geocities Group

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is coming out beautiful. I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful picture and I am sure it will be greatly appreciated.

Lisa said...

Looking absolutly beautiful. I'm looking forward to the finished piece!

Jaime said...

(momtojacobalisha)

This is so awesome! I can't wait to see it completed...

Jaime said...

(momtojacobalisha)

That is so awesome. I can't wait to see it completed!

Shelleen said...

it looks great Meari. I do know what you mean about the colors though. I did an Eagle on a tshirt and it made me naseous sometimes stitching it.

_ said...

What a beautiful piece! Hope you are done with those drab colors soon. They've been well worth your perservance.

Janice said...

Beautiful job Meari! I'm sure this piece will be treasured by the owners.

Barbara J said...

Ah, it's a very handsome piece. Very fitting for it's purpose, great job!