Aug 27, 2006

You've Come A Long Way Baby!



When searching through my stash a while back, I came across this ornament I stitched way back in the early 90's when I first took it seriously. It was a free ornament kit you could get just by writing to DMC and requesting one. Curious as to how my stitching has changed over the years, I scrutinized the front. All stitches lay the same way, neat and orderly - Yes. Doesn't look bad, does it?



Then I turned it over to review the back side. Notice all the threads being carried? The good thing is that they weren't carried very far. If I were to stitch it again, I'd more than likely weave the threads under existing stitches. My-oh-my, how times have changed!



And finally after all this time, here is the finished ornament! (Does this count as my second finish of August?)

3 comments:

_ said...

How cool to find something from when you first started stitching. I have some ornaments like that but I'm afraid to look at the backs of them. LOL Congrats on getting it finished into an ornament. It looks great!

Jaime said...

I think the back looks awesome...
yep, I would count it.LOL

Singular Stitches said...

Congrats on your 'finish'! :o)