Aug 19, 2024

Marvelous Monday Update 8/19/2024

 Another weekend gone by.  Hope yours was good.  How is that possible it's already the middle of August?!

Here's what I've been up to...

STITCHY STUFF
I've made some progress on Mrs. Martha 1776. I finished the banner, flag, and put in a few more stripes on her dress.


I'm contemplating putting on backstitching for the hat, face, and hands. It doesn't show up well on the fabric as is.

MACHINE EMBROIDERY
I finished the table topper I started on Kimberbell Day.  It's very cheerful!
 
 
I put labels on the backs of all my quilted items.  I hand draw and letter them.
 


CRAFT NIGHT
Usually the library hosts one craft night a month. This craft was originally held in July, but a Tornado Warning during craft night put the kebash on participants finishing Beeswax Wraps.  So, it was rescheduled for this month.  I didn't know this was a thing until a few people talked about it.
 

Instead of using plastic wrap or aluminum foil, beeswax wraps can be used.  Reuseable food storage and bowl covers.  Who knew?
 
GOOD EATS
I tried a new thing!  I made turkey meatloaf.  It was pretty good and will probably use the recipe again.


Are you a foodie who likes to try different foods and recipes?  Or, are you a tried-n-true, same 'ole, same 'ole safe meals kinda person?

DIY
If you've been a long time reader, you know I'm a DIY gal.  If I can make it or fix it myself, I will try.

I've had a few chairs that were in dire need of repair. Last weekend, I finally set about bringing the chairs back to life.  Here's what two looked like before:


I don't remember where I got these, but the frames are sturdy.  Just needed some new webbing, that's all.  I've been picking up webbing still in the package from garage sales and thrift stores for years... really cheap!

Fast forward a couple of hours and viola!


The pink one is my favorite.

Until Next Time,
 

3 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy Tuesday Meari. Mrs. Martha looks fabulous as does you new quilt. Your label is adorable . Your handwriting is so pretty. I love the little vine in the label as well. Aaah I remember those chairs. In fact , I still have a child's one. They are very sturdy . Good thing you are able to pick up webbing from yard sales and such. Have a great week. Hugs.

Marilyn said...

The table topper is so pretty.
I never heard of Beeswax wraps.
I like to try new recipes.
Your chairs look great!
Marilyn

Carol said...

Your patriotic piece is looking great, Meari--love that special fabric, too. And what a cute and cheery table topper. Very interesting about the beeswax wraps--will have to look that up. My parents had chairs just like those--your newly webbed ones look great! Love how you rescue things instead of adding them to garbage dumps.