Aug 24, 2006

SBQ - Always Travel With A WIP



What do you keep your WIPs and other stitching supplies in when traveling?




If I am only going to be away from home less than a day, I take a smaller project with me that's put into a ziplock bag.




If I'm going to be away from home for a day or longer, I have all my projects in an Amway messenger bag I picked up at a thrift store for a couple dollars. Notice my DMC mentor pin on the upper right part of the strap?



In addition to the zippered pocket on the front, the bag has the main storage section. In front of the main section, there's a smaller section divided into 3 areas (one has a zipper). As you can see, the interior is nicely lined with the red satiny fabric.


To carry my stitchy supplies, I use a $2 clear plastic cosmetic bag I picked up at Walmart. It's small enough to be tucked ina purse, or I can just drop in my messenger bag. It's great for all those little stitchy helpers.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I'm new to your blog, but wanted to comment that I see we have a traveling project in common - the Pooh and Tigger bookmarks on vinylweave. :) I finished Let's Bee Friends and gave to a coworker for her daughter. I'm still working on R is for Reading.