Jul 15, 2008

A Trippin' I Will Go...

...to the ER.

I’ve been having chest pressure and discomfort for over a week now. It comes and goes. Sometimes it feels like someone is pressing down in the middle of my chest... well not in the middle, a little off to the right actually. Other times it feels like a pulsating sensation. Squeeze, release, squeeze, release. Same general area.

On my lunch hour today, I called my doctor and of course she wants me to go to the Emergency Room. I don’t relish sitting in the ER for a minimum of 3 hours, which is why I held off calling the doctor. I *knew* that’s what she’d tell me. Of course, they wanted someone to drive me. Ha... There’s just me, I’ll be driving myself, thank you. To answer the nurse’s question: “Is that why you didn’t call me a week ago?” Yes, ma’am. Of course, I didn’t tell her that. I just told her it really wasn’t that painful… just uncomfortable. I could tell she was miffed at me. She even put me on hold to talk to the doctor.

So after work, I’ll be heading there. I figured I’ve waiting over a week… a few more hours isn’t going to hurt. I’m hoping it’s just stress, but with my family’s history of heart problems...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please take this seriously and get yourself to the er ASAP!!! Better safe than sorry!!! Hopefully, it will only be stress related, but it's still best to check it out sooner rather than later. Okay, my lecture is over. Hope you are okay!!!
Barb in TX

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

I hope all is ok with you. I was feeling pressure in my chest and luckily for me it was just gastric reflux. (my family history also has heart issues) Prayers that all will be ok.

Unknown said...

I do hope it is nothing serious, but if it is, you caught it in time. My husband was diagnosed with arrhythmia several years ago although there were no outward symptoms. Still it can lead to clots and strokes and protection is pretty easy. Ha, ha. I say that as someone who hasn't seen a doctor in years myself. Take care.

Deirdre said...

I think you should go NOW! You should NOT IGNORE this! I am hoping it is just stress, but you nevr know. I will be saying prayers for you.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, get thee to the ER! My fingers are crossed that it is nothing serious, but you don't want to play around with that.

Chiloe said...

I hope everything will go well ;) ER is a pain , especially when you don't know if you really need it or not ... When I went with Pierre, I still wasn't sure if it was serious or not ( especially with Pierre who is so sensitive to pain ... )

(((hugs)))

Amanda said...

I hope it's nothing serious. Please take care!

CJ said...

Girl, get yourself to the ER now. Having pains in the chest is nothing to be taken lightly. Consider yourself virtually kicked in the "butt", now go!!!

CJ

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Hopefully this is nothing and you were justified in not going in, but I am glad you are. When it is "just you" it is all the more important to stay on top of these things. Take care, CJ (the OK one)

Katie said...

Please update us when you can. I will worry about you till I hear more. My uncle just spent a weekend in the hospital ICU with pain in his chest. Ended up being a pulled nerve that felt like a heart attack. Very scary but at least it was not an actual heart attack. Take Care!!!

Anonymous said...

Get well soon.

Shari said...

well, I see the outcome above, but I must say, umm....I have had the same 'sensations' in my chest & have put it off too.

Lisa said...

I'm commenting *after* you've been cleared, all the same, best wishes, Meari, you know I'm thinking of you and always wishing you the very best. :-)