Mar 10, 2006

Another Week Gone By


Happy Friday! It’s a bit brisk this morning, but the sun is shining... so all is good! It must’ve rained last night because I found my car with frozen rain drops all over it. The forecasters are calling for 63F temps in the next day or so… along with rain. I noticed yesterday that the outdoor perennials are starting to peek out of the soil.

So how has my week been, you ask? Oh let's see... I started a new novel for Am Lit class on Monday night. It's called Johnny Got His Gun by Dalton Trumbo. It was written about WWI at the start of WW2... and apparently banned until after the war because of it's anti-war sentiments. I’m still wondering to myself: Did the instructor choose this novel because he’s anti-war? Here we are in the middle of the Iraq War, and reading an anti-war novel. Things that make you go Hmmm.... I don't know quite what to make of the book yet. In addition, I'll have to write another 2-3 pg paper over poems we discussed the past 2 weeks from the Spoon River Anthology.

I went to bed Tuesday night with a migraine. I took a tylenol PM to help me sleep. I woke up Wednesday morning with the same migraine. I took 4 ibuprofen and went back to bed for an hour. Then I went to work. Thank goodness, it went away!! Nothing worse than trying to work with a headache, let alone a stabbing migraine.

On Wed night, as I sat at my computer updating my blog, it started raining... then heavier rain... then clunking noise. I looked out the window to see it hailing (the size of marbles) and raining hard. My car was not in the garage... I have a debate. “Do I run out in the rain to put my car away? Do I risk the damage?” What should I do? I did the right thing. I grabbed my coat and ran out into the rain… got pelted by hail... to put my car away. Did I mention the lightning?

I managed to work on my UFO this week: Treasured Memories Afghan quilt. One and a half more quilt designs to be stitched and I'll a second side done. Slow and steady progress. After 4 emails, one posting to the discussion board, and 52 days of waiting… My backordered floss and beads are going to be sent for Japanese Garden. ABC Stitch says that all shops have been backordered on Gloriana floss. Whether that’s true or not, I don’t know. But that doesn’t explain why the beads which were supposedly to be in a week after I ordered, have not been sent. Seems kinda funny to me that the email I sent a week ago went unanswered, yet today I posted to the discussion board and sent an email. Within 10 minutes of posting, I got a response. That response also said “I notice your posting on the forum, but you are better to either email us here or phone as as the forum is really only read by customers and they are not likely to be able to answer your question.” Well duh... I know customers read the forum. But I also know the store owner reads the forum, too. *sigh*

0 comments: