Sep 29, 2008

Marvelous Monday 9/29/08

Weather
Over the past couple weeks, we've had some gorgeous fall weather here in Illinois. Forecasters are saying the weather is more like July weather, but with cool evenings and mornings. Ahhh... How nice!


Stitchy Stuff
I finished the Snow Tree Poem. I tried a new finish using eyelets and while it turned out OK, I'll have to do something a little bit different next time to get the same effect. No pics (yet).

Today, I have a coffee date with the freecycler who I made the Peace Love Cure flatfold for. I hope she likes it!




It was a good stitchy mail week. I received this great magazine from Tracy in WI. Mentally, I've already picked out a couple of projects I'd like to stitch up!



I also received all these floss rings from Andrea in OH:

Thank you again, ladies!


School
I took two hours off work last Wednesday to get some extra studying in before the first test. Toward the end of my study time, I realized I'd left the two handouts at home. I was at the college library and didn't have enough time to go get them. Argh! Wouldn't you know that the instructor created a 6pt essay question on that handout. The test was ABSOLUTELY horrible... just like any other test from this instructor. Par the course, after the test students sat in the hall discussing how bad the test was.

I swear, I guessed on 80% of the questions. On some of the questions, I knew the answer per what the textbook said, but his MC answers didn't make sense at all. :( Heck, I could even see in my notes where I'd written about some of the questions. I'll find out Wed how bad I really did.

12 comments:

Terry said...

Can't wait to see what you decided to stitch from this magazine. I'm sure you did better than you think on the test. Don't forget to let us know how you did so we can say I told you so, I mean congrats on the great grade! LOL

Carolyn NC said...

Ouch - always painful when you think you did poorly. But you know how it is, many times you think you made a terrible grade, only to find out you were wrong! Good luck.

Jinger said...

Sounds like you had a glorious weekend! Don't you just love Fall!

Can't wait to see what you start stitching from the Halloween issue. Some cute projects are in there!

Kendra said...

I always hated tests like that. I think some profs try to trick you, and I don't think that's a right way to encourage learning of the subject matter.

Makes me think of an AgEcon class I took...on exams the prof would ask for definitions of certain terms and you had to provide the WORD FOR WORD defintion from the text book. If you had the words but they were out of order, or if you missed a little word like an "a" or "the", you would get no credit for the answer. Rote memorization works for some things, but learning defintions word for word doesn't seem effective to me. I would think being able to explain it in your own words would cause you to better remember it...???

Kristin said...

I really want that magazine. I love what I've seen so far.

Joke said...

Do some stitching in the meantime, there's nothing to be done, you just have to wait until you get the results. Maybe it's not so bas after all :)

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Well at least the weathers nice. Nice to get a couple of gifts unexpectedly. Hope both these things help to ease the pain of school right now. CJ(ok;-)

Unknown said...

That is a nice cross stitch magazine. I hadn't seen it before. I think I will have to go and find it.
Our weather here in Idaho has been beautiful too. I am enjoying it while it lasts. Winter will be here in no time.
I am sure you did better on the exam than you think. Good luck.
Heidi-ILCS

Chiloe said...

I hope it won't be that bad ;) I hate when the questions are tricky ...

By the way, can you go to my blog and tell me if I got the right exercice video, please? Thanks ;)

Debbie Jo said...

Ugh I guess you do have fall weather setting in. Love the magazine and nice rings. I am sure you will be suprised at yourself with the test results. I used to do that when I was working on my bachelors,,,always hated the anticipation on the tests.

Shari said...

great stash mail Meari!!!! Congrats on your blessings!!!
Hope you did better on the test than you think! My son had an old testament test last week that he thinks he did BAD on.
we have the same basic weather as you!!! It has been gorgeous!!!

Nancy M said...

We finally got your rain at 8 pm tonight. Looks like a nice mail week for you. I bet you did better on the test than you think. And no I haven't put together the FF yet. I did 2 other finishes, doesn't that count for something??