Jun 2, 2006

Just A Blur

The past couple weeks have been a blur. I finished up my Lit class and then started a Music in the USA class the following week. We finished up the 2nd week last night. Over the weekend, I have to write 4 more papers called Listening Logs. I have to listen to 5 songs from the two CD’s provided with the textbook and write a 1-page paper on each which includes history of the composer/performer, analysis of 3 musical components, and why we liked/disliked the piece based on the musical components. I have one done. I also have to write a paper on a live performance I listened to, using the same format. Luckily, when I went to the 8th graduation of 3 nieces that the band played a song and I was smart enough to bring a tape recorder to “refresh” my memory. What’s more I have to prepare a 15-minute presentation on a piece of music for the class. Lastly, I have to study for our 2nd test (which is next Monday) that covers our entire textbook – which we covered in 2 days of class this week. It discussed music from the 1920’s to the present. A lot of information? Yes, yes, and yes! Am I overwhelmed? You darn tootin’ I am! After all those things, we *still* have one more test to take. I’m guessing it’s at the end of next week sometime. The instructor is being a big vague on that one…

Needless to say, I haven’t really been accomplishing much of anything other than eating, sleeping, working, studying, and going to class.

I have noticed that the trees are green and flowers are blooming, though. I have taken time to literally smell the roses, so to speak. The college campus is beautiful with lots of trees and flora. There’s even a Japanese-like Zen garden.

0 comments: