Feb 2, 2008

Can You Say......

S-N-O-W-B-L-O-W-E-R!?!

A couple weeks ago I received a text message from my brother's friend/coworker that they had a snowblower come in that would be perfect for me. (He said I was the first person he thought of when he saw it) I was in the middle of shoveling snow when the text came in, so I didn't get back to him until yesterday. (LOL)

Here's what happened: An elderly couple bought it last year, used it once. Not a scratch on it. The tires wouldn't hold the air and they didn't want to mess with it, so they took it into the tractor dealership my brother works at and traded it in on a new blower!

On his own time, my brother's friend changed the spark plugs, fixed the tires and gave it the "once over" to make sure everything was working properly. My brother even shoved it into a big snow bank to see how well it worked. (LOL, *that* doesn't surprise me) The dealership gave $250 for the trade-in, and was going to sell it for $400 had he worked on it during work hours. This is a $619 snowblower.

Guess what I got it for??? $250! Plus he delivered it to me. I am SOOOO thrilled!!!

Here's what it looks like:

It's an Ariens compact 20" snowblower with all steel construction and 10x4" snow hog tires. It's got a 200-degree chute that discharges snow high and far (I saw this... and it does!) 5-hp, 2-stage, recoil start (Would've preferred electric start, but hey... for $250 I'm not complaining!). Self-propelled. I'm going to see if I can get a manual for it. Oh, and my brother's friend said that if I have ANY problems with it, to call him and he will take care of it for me. How great is that?!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this looks really professional!!!! I guess you are all ready for three months of heavy snow!!!!
What a neat thing!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Kewl! Enjoy your new best friend! LOL!

Unknown said...

Aha! Save your muscles for STITCHING. Great buy!

stitcherw said...

That's not just great, that's fantastic. With all the snow you've been having you'll be soooooo happy the first time you can use it and be done so much quicker. I have one and I can't believe how much time it's saved me that otherwise I'd have been outside freezing in the cold. The other benefit is it's so much easier on my back. I'm thrilled for you.
Sue

_ said...

Congrats on the new snowblower. Enjoy! although I think at this point you'd be just as happy not to have enough snow to have to use it. LOL

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great Snowblower! This will makes things a lot easier for you! Congratulations!

Kathy said...

Wonderful!!!

It would be my luck that there would not be any more snow this year. You deserve this after all the time you have spent shoveling.

Anonymous said...

Seems like your brother wanted a good message on your blog !!! lol Just kidding ;-) Bye bye biceps ... You just lost one of your weight training exercice so you need to find a new one! What about runing around the neighborhood pushing the snow blower? Great for the legs, butt and arms ;-) lol

Carol R said...

Less snow shovelling = more stitching time!

Debra said...

Meari, that is wonderful and you got a great deal. So, it's not electric start - it will build your arm muscles with the pull start.
Debra in Indiana

Nancy M said...

That looks just like ours. I don't have to use it much since DH takes care of that. But, the one time I did use it, it worked great and so much better than our little one stage one. I knew it was self propelled going forward, but I had NO idea it was self propelled for backing up. It was pretty hysterical watching me try to maneuver the turns!! This sounds like an increase to stitching time too!

glenda said...

Fabulous!!!
I am so happy for you - this will be a great time and muscle saver for you.